All Your Ways

If there was anyone
That made me feel good about
Me being me
It was you
Like Jesus
The way you forgave
the way you loved me
The way you made me feel special
Like I was someone important
Or worthy of being loved and honoured
It was you and your ways
And your forgiving heart
I don’t know if I could find it elsewhere
Thank-you for correcting me
For loving me
And never leaving
I know what unconditional is
In all your ways
Why do you love me
How could you possibly
Even after all that I’ve done
Every day is a great adventure
The conversations are meaningful
And time leaves us to be
Taking us away from each other
Bringing us to each other
When can I see you again
What about all our dreams
Let’s keep dreaming and loving
And expecting nothing
From the people we meet on the way
May we treat people as we would each other
As we would like to be
May we put to practice
All that we learned from each other
Living unafraid
And confident in a hope that does not disappoint
Living forever safe in a love
That taught us to run this race with endurance
Despite all the pain we’ve felt on the way
You honoured me above yourself
May we never forget what this all meant
To the people that we are now
The broken learning souls that we are
We’ve been set free
It is truly for freedom that we have been set free
Let’s let go of everything and hold on to
All the ways
That led us to
The depth of this moment
Where words fell short
And tears came down
Thank-you for the conversations that I didn’t want to end
I’m a hopeless romantic for meaning
In all the little things
Help me Father
To never give up
No matter how long it takes
No matter how far we’d have to go

(28/10/17)

Comments

Popular Posts