DXB G 9826

Dedicated to Acha

I’ve seen your face change like that before
Especially when it’s time for me to leave you
It’s both our faces
When we’re fighting the tears
Trying to smile
Despite how we’re feeling
I took a while to notice
I thought it was just a smile
But you’re almost crying
Aren’t you?
Because I am
Oh look at you
Blurry through my tears
But all chap
You look handsome
A knowing smile on your face
We know what this means
This moment that’s here today
And would be misplaced tomorrow
Your elbow resting
On your prized possession
Here today
Gone tomorrow

And I know you labour to rest
You take pride
In being able to
Enjoy and experience
Small joys
Big still
And oh they may be inanimate things
But it’s more than that
Considering all the love and care that went into its upkeep
I love how you’re so meticulous
The way you esteem even the most unlikeliest of things
May we continue to value life the same way
I’m proud of you
I know you are too
But it’s time for change
An empty parking space
To make room for
Small and greater things
He’ll see us through this
One journey at a time
And we’re riding across
And flying away
And swimming in oceans of grace
Tasting and seeing
Places of abundance
Even when we have nothing
We have everything in You
We are everything in You
Riding the whitest of cars
And beholding the deepest of colours
Oh we’ve travelled endless kilometres
Together with You
Take all that we have Lord
Till we’re left with nothing
But in need
Of more of You
All our affections
And our attachments
Father we lay them down at Your feet
After all
All that we have
Is from You
I thank-you
That we belong to You
Remind me once again
That change is beautiful
As is Your timing
And emptiness makes way for fullness
Please fix my roving heart
I can’t bear to see you cry
Let’s continue to be weak for each other
Let’s continue to share our struggles
Let’s walk past all the cars and parking lots
Let’s remember
What will forever be our own
Your love
Your mercy
The written story
Walk with us through this Lord
Tell me
Tell me that it’s going to be okay

Comments

Popular Posts