Collision

Written for a space-themed writing competition of which "Collision" was one of the topics

This hurt is going to bring me to my knees
I’ve hid away each time
Retreating in fear
Resigning to burying
A grave of unsaid things
The thought of confrontation tastes bitter and fresh
As I’ve come to grow
I’m afraid though
Will we lose ourselves
Coming at each other headstrong
Will we regret the words we would say
If at all we did let each other know
How it was for you
How it was for me
Is there redemption here?
Oh the spectacular display of energy
Will it only leave us more confused
We’re bright and still in a dark sky that deceivingly promises rain
They can’t see us for who we are
Little do they know we’re hurting
Do not pull me in - 
If we’re going to lose ourselves in the struggle
I’ve hid away for so long but confrontation tastes new,
As I’ve come to grow
Every time I look away and pray that our eyes don’t meet
And I’m pulled in further to the hurt that was always mine
Who are we now
What have we become
Will an exchange of emotions save anything?
Would it change everything?
In our eyes -
A galaxy of unknowing
An ocean of pain
How can we find our way -
Without having to collide
What happens after you know,
After you know what it was like for me
I tell you now
Forgive me
I breathe in deeper to sense only the vacuum between us
That is filling me up and tearing me down the middle
Perhaps this is what we need
Whatever be the outcome
Even if this waging war
Within us and between us
Would only get worse
I want to feel light again
This air is darkening
But it’s bright
If only we would let go of the space between us
Lay down our pride
If only I would let go
Of all that you forgot
Of all that I remember
Perhaps then we’ll come to know
We’re brilliant lights
Darkening unnecessarily from our ignorance
From this grave silence that we’ve bound ourselves to
Longingly admiring you from afar
Wondering where we went wrong
Hold us together, Father
Help us to see
It is truly for freedom that we have been set free
We’ll hold on and let go
And taste defeat -
In the collision that could save us from ourselves
That we may know of a love that was greater than our hurt
We have nothing to lose
But a little bit of ourselves in each other
We’ll find peace in the impact
In the tears that’d fall, should the two different worlds that we are collide
That we may understand what it means
To set aside our differences

Comments

Popular Posts