The Breadwinners

Don’t apologise
I’m proud of you
If this is you making the decision
Then I’m so proud of you
You’ve worked so hard all this time
You’ve worked wholeheartedly
And even when it got difficult
And all that consoled you was the pay cheque each month
You still held on for us
I love seeing you let go
Because I’ve watched you hold on
So tight
May our souls learn to find our rest
In the One who more than just saves
In the One who sustains
Let it all go
Stand strong
You’re doing the right thing
I will always remember you when it’s my turn
How you toiled and struggled for as long as thirty years
It’s your time now
Live free
Let go
Thank-you for all the comfort
Thank-you for all the privileges
It was all You really
May I never forget
It was not us
Help us to remember though
That we’re home in Your arms
That we step into places of comfort
Places of privilege
Simply because
You walk with us
Now it’s my turn to apologise
Forgive me for the times
I’ve given away
So freely
What you earned
With your blood sweat and tears
Not mine
To my friends
Who knew they could come to me
Because I was too easy to ask
It was too easy to receive
Now that we’re in the place that we are
We are becoming cheerless
We are becoming indecent
Counting every unit against each other
I could never give back all that you’ve given me
I could never give back what they took away
What I allowed them to take away
I seek your forgiveness
Though it won’t help us now

25 Sep 2018

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts