Purpose

I was on the floor just a few days ago
I used to have trouble sleeping
Every memory now pulls me back
I smile faintly at the thought
Tears threaten to fill me and empty me
I am nothing but a hypocrite
A lost daughter
Oh you never knew me
Oh we never had anything between us
But chasms and cracks
Along a treacherous highway
It went fast didn’t it
But I’m here
And my role never ends
I am here to listen
I am here to feel
I am here to get lost
And in the losing
To find that I’m still Yours
That you never left
Even when you knew how it’ll all play out
I’m sorry for the heart and the endless thoughts I spent
When every thought and tear
Should have been redirected to You
Always remain
I remain
To hurt
To feel the progression of the hurt
As I wander purposelessly
Father, my mind is insidious and idle
Please save me from myself

(13 Sep, 3:25 PM)

Comments

Popular Posts