Contact

I want to break away
What is this love that we share
You yourself called it a contact
Not a connection
So help me God
I want to stop thinking about you
I want to give up on my heart for you for a little while
Turn to where love was lavished upon me
And not base my self-worth on how you treat me
I wish I was as courageous as you
To mindlessly hurt me
Despite all that we’ve been through I promise you
It was my love
That led me through three years
I want you to know
That it was never in my interest
To talk you down
When I spoke with others
But I know for sure
You don’t have that to say about me
For all the crudeness
For all the hurt
Thank-you
I know of all those little taunts behind my back
Too bad it wasn’t little
Oh it wasn’t much
We got through it didn’t we
But this is what I detest
This is what I hate myself for
The highs and the lows
Oh I detest the hills and the valleys
With you and me
Can I go away for a little while
And soon we’ll decide
Whether I should keep away
And temporary can become permanent
And we won’t have to go back and forth
Like we always do
Oh I wish I was as unashamed as you
Oh I wish I treated myself right

11 June

Comments

Popular Posts