Smiling At The Sun

The lines in quotes SOLELY inspired by The Script's song "Science and Faith"...so all the credit goes to them :) 
I can’t help but stare,
Even though I’m blinded by the sun’s glare.
I like to get it caught in between my fingers,
But it still shines bright – light lingers.
The golden yellows that creeps in at daybreak,
Uncovers a renewed beginning,
Bedazzling us with its bursting radiance,
Gleaming with exuberance.
Instilling in us "faith and hope,
That cannot be found down a telescope."
Follows you all around,
Gets caught in between the trees that surround,
But it still shines bright – light lingers.
This little ball that’s rounded,
Is exhilarating enough to leave you astounded.
If only the world gave it a second thought,
And stopped seeking elegance and precision…
And would quit turning their heads away in order to restore their vision…
But my head is in the clouds,
That’s where it wants to be.
My heart is on my sleeve,
That’s how it should be.
I’ve got back my vision,
And now I really see.
Let the world go on seeking elegance and precision,
Maybe this is how things ought to be.
I continue to stare,
Even though I’m blinded by the sun’s glare,
I find true life up in the air.
I always wait for it to come,
As I’m never done –
Smiling at the sun.
(Year Twenty-Eleven - Eighth grade)

Comments

Popular Posts