Peace

I am at peace
But I don’t know if I’m deceiving myself
I want to be at peace with you
But somehow I’m okay
If peace is going to mean
That we’re going to go all the way
On this path that we’re on
We speak no words
But I promise you
I hope only the best for you
I want you to be happy
I want your happiness to be apart from me
I’ve prayed
That I can’t do this anymore
With the intent that things are never going to change
But they did
Even in the situations of utmost surety
Somehow this time
I’m more than sure
That this couldn’t possibly change
When we pass by each other without a word
It’s a finality to me
That we can’t change
I am at peace
But I’m ashamed
That you can’t see Him in me
I’ve failed Him
You needed Him
But I show none of Him to you in this silence
I pray that you keeping finding Him
I pray that you’ll keep being moved by Him
To a point where you can’t look past anymore
You don’t need me
But you surely need Him
Curse me if you must
Hate me if you will
Forget me at your best
But don’t forget the love of mine
That was true
It is greater than my hurt
Though it didn’t seem that way
I can tell you now
In this moment apart from
Any kind of emotion
I love you
Forgive me
Forget me

Comments

Popular Posts