Vowed

And somehow I’m at peace
At least we don’t
Have to go back and forth
Like we did
Like we do
Why do I want to hurt this way
I didn’t want to feel this heaviness again
I anticipated it often
There were days I was fearless and afraid
But here I am
And here you are
What happens now
Don’t you see what you do
How can you deny the things you say
The way you say it
You’re all liars
You’re all cheats
Making me question who I am
I’m only getting to
You have no idea how I’ve grown
I’m tired of the pain
I’m tired of being at the end
Of misunderstandings
And silence
But I’ve hurt people too
Because I’ve been hurt
And maybe that’s what it was
This time I’ll tell you how it’s different
I respect you
But forgive me somewhere along the way
Even though you’ve vowed never speak to me again

Comments

Popular Posts