Dust

 Inspired by a sermon "Paradise Now" by Dr. Tim Mackie

I am creature 
I am disillusioned 
Dying out here 
Living on borrowed breath
Listening to the lies 
Holding onto my tomorrows 
I am forgetting why I’m here 
I am running out of time 
It’ll all be taken away from us
But I don’t want to believe that today
Is the mystery of grace 
More overwhelming than
The fear of failure?
I’m deciding what’s good and bad 
On my own terms 
A cascade of cause and effect 
Will be our end 
Is there really 
A reality more real than 
My manipulating version 
Of what is and isn’t 
Could it be 
That a reality more real and 
Fundamental to my being
Is calling my name 
Could it be 
This reality is 
a Person 
Calling my name?

Paradise is now 
Out here in the wilderness 
There is a gift of delight 
Undeservedly 
For you
For me 
For even me
There is 
a rescue 
in the arms 
of the suffering Servant 
Who became for me
What I perpetually fail to be 

Comments

Popular Posts