Responsible

Inspired by Rachel Marie Kang's words, "Freely and infinitely, we can release the people and places on our record of wounds and wrongs."

Free me from holding them responsible 
For the pain that they did and didn’t inflict 
But did they? 
No
No, they didn’t
I did 
I’m at fault 
I was in the wrong 
But, was I wholly?
Can we share the burden of pain?
Where was I, Lord
When you fell on your face
And cried to your Father 
And my Father 
For another way?
Is there another way around this?
Can I sit by You?
Can I join You?
You promise me 
That you’re closer
Than I can feel  
You are here 
I want to be where you are
Restore my union with You 
You promise that I’m set free
You carried our painful choices 
Mine and theirs
Help me to free them from being responsible 
For the pain that I still feel 
I am free 
And so are they

Comments

Popular Posts