Alcohol for the Dying

If I were you 
I would feel so alone too 
And I would look for company 
In all the wrong places 
Like I have before
Like I still do 
I am sorry that you feel this way 
It breaks my heart a little more each day  
And makes me feel so bitter 
Your behaviour makes me feel so bitter 
Like the taste of your drink 
Tell me please 
Even while we serve you till the end 
With all our being 
Will you be justified  
In saying that you were entitled to it?
Thank-you for our time together 
I want to love you with what is left 
But will we run out of chances - 
While we’re running after the wrong people 
While we’re running after the wrong feelings 
So much so that we’re holding back on each other 
Giving each other enough space 
Because as long as we’re around 
It should be enough, yes? 
As long as we’re together
It should be enough
Yes?

(10/2/21)

Comments

Popular Posts