A Step of Two

Comfort me in my waste places Lord 
Please

I want to honour you both 
Especially you
That I may experience more of Him 
And His favour 
In my days to come 
That I may know how to do it differently 
When my time comes 
That I may only learn from you 
And pass on the lessons that you taught me 
A little differently, I hope 
That I may remember 
Whose image you bear 
I want to understand you 
I want to understand each side 
And I don’t want to drown the noise 
With the voice of a song anymore
I want to sit with myself in my hurt 
And my confusion 
I have questions that don’t need their answers 
I have questions that need Your comfort 
I plead for understanding 
I seek reconciliation 
That you and I may for once 
Know what it feels like

Is it selfish that I want to witness
That I want to sense  
You cherish each other 
When I’m around 
Is it selfish that I choose to forget 
Your freedom to feel 
But this is what I can’t wrap my mind around 
You’re good to me still
But what about each other?
Aren’t we all more alike than we are different
At a single point in time?
Or so I’ve been told 
Are we not the same as you 
In need of forgiveness 
In need of love 
We know too well that our lives 
Were bought by blood 
Why don’t we see each other 
The way He sees us 
Why don't I see you 
The way He sees you
Why do you hurt me 
With a hurt as deep as your love 
For me?
For me

(last edited on 1/11/21)

Comments

Popular Posts