The Brightest Ocean Floor (Reprised)

Originally published on 26 August, 2014 
 
You make me happy 
As I’m plunged into this ocean 
Of chaos and worldly pursuits 
Of meaninglessness 
In all its glittered 
Dimmed glory 
As I’m plunged into this ocean 
By the deceitful hands of this 
wearying world 
to sink 
I find myself 
Sinking instead
In Your peace 
In Your beauty 
My heart finds rest 
In the sun of Your love 
My words are muted by 
The sound of Your sweeping grace
Like an evening wind 
Lifting the corners of my silent mouth 
Holding vanishing breath 
As I make my way 
Through the blues of this life 
Falling beneath the surface of this wild ocean 
of confusion and unbelief 
Almost out of breath 
Forever held close 
Trudging the deepest ocean floor 
Where the sun is lost 
And the darkness flares
And I searching blindly 
In the emptiness of the deep 
With my soul 
Stumbling in the darkest depth
Crying out for mercy
Crying out for redemption 
I am here in Your arms 
In the hands of saving Love
In the hands of the brightest Son 
You are here 
Right here 
In the depths below 
With me 
My whole world is turned upside down 
Starting with the ocean floor 
being the brightest 
The depths of my heart alighted
I find myself struggling no more
To breathe 
To swim
Forever held close 
In the arms of the Redeemer 
Flowing with the One the wind and waves obey 
Flowing through this blinding light 
The ocean of struggle 
Now an ocean of happiness 
I’m overwhelmed by Your heart 
for me 
You make me happy 
Oh how You do 

Comments

Popular Posts