Don’t Say Hate

I hate what we’ve become 
I can’t read a single word you send my way
Without falling apart first
I hate how forgetful you are
Help me to love 
Father please help me to love 
I am nothing in my hurting
I am nothing in my pain 
I hate who I’ve become
Our actions were ugly 
Our choices were ugly
Our words were ugly
But you are in your created essence beautiful 
You are new creation 
In the perfect One
Who bleeds forgiveness 
For the blood we shed
Except there were no stains
Only scars
The sound of death in the air
In all the words you did and didn’t say 
Of the words you did: 
“I know how to fight you too”
(Hold me close, Lord)
“But I chose not to”
(Hold me close, Lord) 
I hate that warring with your own flesh and blood could ever be a choice 
How long will we pretend
That all is past the point of existence 
Will we lose ourselves in the forgetting?
Why can’t I say I love you anymore?
Did I just lose myself in the remembering? 
If to hate is to not let go of the hurt
If to hate is to not want to be around you anymore
If to hate is to not want to share my life with you 
If to hate is to cry over yours and mine record of wrongs 
Then I guess I don’t love you anymore 

Comments

Popular Posts