Child

 Can one forget a child they bore?
I wish you could forget me 
Do you regret that you bore me
That you brought me up
For nothing in return
When I vow not to return 
When I turn away
Because I can’t bare to look into your eyes
And tell you the truth 
I can’t afford to tell you the truth 
Because I don’t want to hurt you 
But I already did 
Am I capable of hurting you any more than I have?
I believe I am
Which is why 
I can’t tell you 
How much I wish
I were never born 
All this wasted time 
This wasted life
This wasted space
This wasted oxygen
I cost you so much 
I can’t pay you back 
I struggle to breathe deeply 
The touch of the wounds 
The pain is paralysing 
I lose my breath easily 
You say you love me 
But you can’t help me 
Stop trying to help me the ways you have 
I am hurting 
I can’t tell you
For fear that I’ll hurt you more 
Can you take it? 
Can you handle my revisionism?
I spin the truth 
I am the victim in all my stories 
Will you disagree? 
I don’t think I could handle it - 
If and when you do

So teach me, Lord 
Teach me to take responsibility
What were You thinking when You made me?
I’m a living expression of You 
But I dishonour you 
When I turn away from my own flesh and blood 
Living expressions of You 
Still Yours
Teach me to follow You
Not them
Not myself 
But You

Comments

Popular Posts