When the Father Came Running

Disowning relations 
I’m learning to be sour 
I’m engaging 
Engaging in all things unrelated 
Having some feel sorry for me 
As if I were a daughter 
And allowing some to enslave me 
As if I were entitled to them 
I’m seeing my whole world through a tinted window few layers thick 
They’re waving goodbye to me 
Can they see me?
I want to stop being a burden 
Maybe I should go farther away 
Will it resolve anything? 
My resolve for sure is useless
I'm lust driven 
Father, please help me trust 
The risen One who made me alive with Him 
When I was still dead in all that I said 
In all that I did 
Almost everything that I thought 
I'm breaking ties 
I'm deleting numbers because I want my mind to heal  
I hope we will never have to see each other again 
Oh Heaven! 
We'd meet in the new heavens and the new earth  
Because you believe just as I do
Because you are just as loved as I am 
I want to escape out of noisy compartments 
All these conversations 
All these distractions
"I am an embodiment of wasted energy and potential"  
I shamelessly vented to positions of authority 
As if they could do something for me 
I trusted them
To change my life of 
Typographical errors
And serving a server  
I have fellow passengers in need of medicine 
I have fellow pilgrims talking about 
Where they’re from 
Where they’re going to 
My feet are cold 
My heart is weak 
From my sin and my doubt 
Father, please wake me up when it’s time to disembark 
This train to a place I wish I didn’t know 

Comments

Popular Posts