Two Weeks’ Notice

No, I didn’t just type away at an invisible keyboard 
No, I didn’t just pick a fight 
Are you having a panic attack just yet? 
Oh, God forbid 
I wouldn’t want to be held responsible 
Not because I’m cruel 
Or perhaps I am? 
I’m just worn out and tired 
From trying all the time 
Trying to be perfectly understanding 
Perfectly alone 
I don’t need you 
No, I didn’t need you 
Why can’t you make me feel needed 
For just one second
Why do I have to say goodbye 
When I’m not worth a greeting?
Why? 
I’ll say no 
No, I do not agree with you 
I am sick 
And tired 
Of making amends 
My mind is whirring out of control 
With lust and insecurity
I need saving 
Jesus, save me from my mind 
Jesus, save me from myself 
From this hell that I’ve created 
In the place I have to return to 
Save me from my immaturity
Please  

Why didn’t we talk 
Why did all that we did for more than 24 hours 
Was just eat and sleep
And listen to thunderclaps so loud 
That left me wondering and waiting 
Because I didn’t know what to do 
I want to believe that heaven is fighting for me 
Because my mind is on fire 
Because my mind is useless and 
In need of You 
And more of You 
All my affection for You 
Please take all of me 
And burn it all 
So I’m not laughing at clever dialogue 
And taking refuge in the fantasy of the 2000s 
Oh the script then was great 
But what is it now?
Misplaced scripture and desires 
And work without vision 
And just getting by
And some more 
And less of You 
I am no longer a slave to sin 
But I’ve locked myself up 
In the four walls of my home and my mind 
It’s something I’ve learned to do so well 
I am uninformed and ignorant 
And a glutton 
I am weighing heavier 
With one less burden from last week 
And now I must leave  
Before all of me dies in poverty 
Surrounded by love and abundance 
Of which I didn’t partake 
I died in the desert of my soul 
Of sickening scenarios 
Wherein I was afraid to deserve satisfaction - 
Or of what that would look like 
What does that even mean to me? 
Oh I’ve never known love 
Some days I feel so alone 
I have You 
But I feel so misdirected 
And scared and alone 
And insecure 
So I pick a fight 
Open to abuse and superficiality 
And no future 
I for one 
Cannot bring about 
What I hope for 

I am a soul wound 
Bruised and purple 
Salt rubbed in 
By my on and off-inflicted condemnation 
I take no pride in my waywardness 
So help me 

Comments

Popular Posts