Bargain

It was an unplanned conversation 
He gave into my bargain 
And I didn’t even expect him to 
As to why I don’t get a vehicle for myself to commute, he reasoned
"Oh but this terrible air! And what about your livelihood?"
"What does it have to do with us?" he asked
"Sure it does," I in retort 

Upon arriving 
You declined the fare - 
We initially agreed to
And I found myself in a position 
To insist that you receive it
And suddenly I didn’t feel so bad
For having to spend a little more than I usually do 
Now tell me the truth
Did I do you a favour?
Were you helped? 
Are you underprivileged -
Because I'm always underestimating the value of our needs - 
Yours and mine?
Do you have a harder life because of my ignorance?
When did my desire to help you place you in a position of need?

Comments

Popular Posts