Plastic Suns

I feel tired 
I will sing 
I am what I use 
People 
Products
The cheapest remain 
Ineffectively cheap
They don’t ship to our country 
Should inaccessibility be my enemy? 
Is it too much to ask 
For environment-friendly 
In my domain 
Of underdeveloped - 
Above poverty line living? 
With all this garbage I produce 
Why am I not the one sorting through my mess?
All that I pay for
An array of plastic suns that are but images 
No warmth, no light 
I harm the environment 
With my loss of productivity 
And my use of products 
Is this self-care 
Consuming and washing my hands clean
Guilty but still in need
Am I pitiful to be in need for more
Only to have to throw away 
Bottle after bottle 
Another plastic sun 
Conditioners in plastic 
A conditioned mind that lies around day after day
Like plastic 
Containing 
Something 
And then nothing at all 
Lying around and damaging 
Quality 
Does this have to be our lives 
With no scope of sustainable options 
Aren’t we of the greatest need 
With filthy drains and urban slums 
They'd call us the poorest of the poor 
But we couldn’t care less about 
The waste that clogs the spaces above and below 
A plastic sun in the distance 
A mockery of our poverty, is all 
When we can’t care less about our poor choices 
About our limited choices 
We know nothing else 
We grew up with nothing else 
And what happens at the dumps 
What doesn’t happen in our grave 
Our filth remains 
Our unsustainable filthy choices lie to us 
We are in need of more 
Lies that lie 
All around us 
My need for warmth and satisfaction 
Met for a moment by 
A plastic sun 

Comments

Popular Posts