Choice Misunderstanding

Maybe all the words that I put down 
Were things that I never had the courage to tell you in person 
Or was it that I was so weary I didn’t even want to see it through 
Except for in my head
A thousand imagined conversations 
I never gave it life 
By choice 
I gave up as soon as it played out in my head 
Only I spoke 
I’m so tired of us going back and forth 
Pushing and pulling 
You’re a door that won’t budge 
And you keep me outside
Oh how many times have you left me outside?
I will never understand why 
I will never understand the days that you took so long 
As if I was an intruder 
As if you were doing me a favour 
By letting me in 
But it was my ground too 
It was my life to live too 
My life wasn’t to live for you 
The time and energy that I wasted 
In understanding
In listening 
In waiting 
In hurting 
Some days I think 
I don’t want to do any of it anymore
You can go uphill and find your way down 
With the ones that you choose 
You wouldn’t even know the difference 
Should I journey my way with you 
If three years didn’t make a difference 
I don’t know how another year will 
Walk ahead 
Walk past 
Please leave me alone 
I beg you 
To please leave me alone 
My mind is falling apart 
From constantly worrying about my every word and my every action with you 
For adjusting and putting up with every fall and rise in emotion 
With seeing through your eyes 
Feeling your pain 
Understanding the chain of your thoughts 
Your misread intentions
But I am not worth of the same 
You’ve showed me many times 

Comments

Popular Posts