Respectfully

You do not respect - 
What is respect anyway?
Is it but a feeling 
Is it that I just don’t feel respected by you?
The times you’ve misunderstood me
Can’t compare 
To the times you’ve understood me 
What is your credibility?
Every time I’m with you -
I am afraid 
I want to travel the world 
But I want to travel alone
Is there meaning in all that you do?
Is it just to capture the moment 
So you have something to show
When people see 
The highlights of your life
Do you love people well 
How many layers is it to a moment 
What were the emotions like
How many people did you put down in the process
I’ve spend nights on end sleepless 
Wondering when it’ll be over 
I found hope 
That You chose me still
My Abba did it hurt 
I hate 
I don’t want to put it this way
But I hate 
The idea of blame 
And how you always make me a recipient 
Is it because I am a child 
Is it because I am not as wise and seen as you are
You are above me
You are before me
You have your way
To kill in ways 
Words don’t make a sound 
Murder is silent 
Murder is insidious 
There are no exchange of words
For months and years 
But every day I’m dying 
How do you do it 
What is the trick 
Is it because you’re hurting inside 
Is my anger baffling you 
Do you know what it’s like to experience anger
If I have misbehaved
Can I show you what it’s like 
to experience 
Anger?

Comments

Popular Posts