Thank-you, Christina

Dedicated to Christina Grimmie
(I found out only about a week after it happened and it broke me. This is something I wrote the next morning in class).

I know I'll hear you again
Though I've lost my voice in my cries
And I can't hear anything but the sound of them
I cry in disbelief at the possibility, even

How can this be anywhere near true?
How can you lose your life
Doing what you love?
I suppose - 
That's the best kind of losing there is 
I still cannot believe
That you're not here anymore
Though I've never known you
As your family have
Or your friends
Or your faithful supporters
I grew up listening to you
Being awed by you
Sharing you with my best friend

I feel like I've lost something 
That I've never known 
That was never mine
And it stings me

Like I've lost a beloved friend
A friend whom I've never really known
I am broken 
At your leaving this way 
But I know of a One
Who completes the good work 
He starts in each soul 
You've run your race
You've run so well
Oh the way He moved in you 
I praise Him for that 
I praise Him for the ways you've moved us -
With love,

With the faith in your heart -
For all that you've accomplished
I may have never met you
But I'll wait to see you again
In His arms
As you are now
As you join
In heaven's song
And somehow
Despite the pain in my heart
I can't ever imagine how it must be 
For your family 
But that day will come 
And our tears now
Will feel Your glory

Comments

Popular Posts