Deepest Red

The writing of this poem was inspired by one of the topics at this Inter-house Poetry Competition in college. The topic was too interesting to pass by. Sadly, I missed out on sending my entry in time though I finished the poem weeks before the due date [laughs].  

I've known the deepest red 
In loving without reason
From allowing my feelings
To bring excusable consolations 
I fed consolations 
To a suffocating heart
Allowing what I feel
To justify what I do
In an uncomfortable feeling
Lies the deepest red

I lose my mind
To find it filled with joy 
When I set it free 
The remains of a known pain
Still lives
In my blood 
I often die in my thoughts
But I return to a freedom
That has always been mine
When I let Your love
The one of the deepest red
To take my pain away
My pain washed away 
In a love of the deepest red
A love that bled
To set me free 

Comments

Popular Posts