Silently

Why do you hurt me this way 
Why is there no way for me to change
I'm losing here in my mind
I am killing myself
From replaying your words
Why am I always at fault to you
Why am I the only one who needs to change
My hurt is a chasm
I take a step forward to fall
I am moving nowhere
I'm only falling 
I remember what I did to you
I am moved to tears
Every time I think of how I left things
How I was moved by my fear 
I didn't even stop to hope for redemption
My fear was cruel enough
To not give me the heart
To take a step forward
To go to you
And fix things
Why am I so scared of you?
Why do I wait on you 
To tell me that it's okay
Why can't I just come to you 
I'm so scared of you
So scared that I question 
Whether I really am
Loved without condition
By you
My feelings are a chasm
I can't go forward without falling first
I detest the way I feel
I feel so much pain
I never sought to hurt you 
I wouldn't dare
You don't deserve that 
From someone like me 
Nobody deserves that from me
How can you play with me
You're the wiser one 
The older one
Please tell me it's alright
I need that from you
But this silence 
From you
Is causing me to fear even more
Fears like dense clouds
I've allowed to grow
In the sky of my mind
My fear takes my words away
And I learn to scream
I learn to cry
Silently

Comments

Popular Posts