Supporter

Do you know how far I'm going?
Do you know where I'm taking this?
Capture my mind with Yours
I am winning a loss
Father, I confront dissonance
But not a word leaves my mouth
Is this a safe place?
Is this alright?
With logs in my eyes
I ask you again
A speck could never
Contend with a dead tree
Could it?
We speak out of our emotions
Our venting is a chaos
Because our minds know 
Only half of a story
That will see redemption
In the time that You choose 
Oh is concern overly overt
Are we losing out -
On our love?
We have a million reasons
To why we do what we do
We are
As similar as the leaves on a tree
We kill them with our eyes
We witness fallen feats of life
At our feet
Blinded by the light
Of a moody day
A sun through grayness
Our days are bleak
Our conclusions are fearsome
We are losing out
In the name of concern
I want to choose between what's right and wrong
I don't want to give in to you
In sympathy
But I can't bear the words they speak
Behind your back
They don't know your story
Perhaps we complicate our
Simple stories
Perhaps we chain our pages
And wash our hands in each other's blood
When we can't find ink

To rewrite
A perfectly drawn out story 
We are messy
And unclean
And feel unnecessary pain
How much do we know?
Do we understand how much we give away -
When we are lost in our anger?
When we are lost in our hurt?
But I will love you 
Till the end of time
Even though
Your words pull out sighs
Do we even think for ourselves-

The words that leap from our tongue
We are all wrong
We are all right
Could it be
We are neither wrong
Nor are we right
We are simply the same

Comments

Popular Posts