Hiding

I can't take you seriously anymore
All the hurt and the questions
I let my find feel
How can they be true
I'm trying to make my way through
one corridor after another
I don't even know the way out
But I'll try this path
I'll reach the door
Without having to lose anything
Steal me
That my joy in You may not be stolen
Find me
That my hope in You may be alive
I thank-you 
That I am dearly loved by You
Please take all of me
I want to free myself of
Everyone I genuinely love
With a love that lives from a distance
Yes, the same love
It's a one that hopes for only good
I want your joy to be apart from me
I want to run away from you
And drive far away
I remember the night I cried thinking about you
Wishing I never knew you
And it pained me to think that such a thought
Would go so far as to form and cross my mind
You live your life
I will love you from where I am
I can't even look you in the eye 
anymore
All these lies
All this darkness in the light of lies
Don't be nice to me
Don't speak a word, even
Please forget about me
See me as a burden if you want to
Let me go by my years -
Without you
I want to free myself of you
You're yet another person
I hurt from
With whom I go by
As if nothing ever happened
I become a drooling dog
Who keeps chasing you
Hoping for something
I'm grateful for all the lessons you've taught me
But oh Teacher
Why can't I look you in the eye?
Why can't I trust your heart for me anymore?
I am afraid of what you think of me
Tell me again
That I am ugly
That I am lacking and inadequate
Please don't be kind to me 
Don't ever be bothered by me
Go by your way
Love on the people who come to you
I will love you from where I am 
In my hurt
I will love you 
Apart from all that I now know 
You fell didn't you?

Comments

Popular Posts