Come To Me

Can I have you back for myself? 
Please come back to me 
I'll treat you well
Forgive me for the times
I've put up a silent front 
I am afraid of you 
But I want to love you
I want you for myself 

Is that selfish?
Is that hypocritical?
It's like you've changed
But what else do I expect you to do
It's not like you can wait on people
Who seem like they don't need you
I'm thankful for the people

Whose company you prefer over mine
But I value you 
I have no one else but you
Please forgive me
I am hurting from all this blame 
I want you for myself
All the more
Now that I know I'm losing you 
Our roads are terrorizing 
I don't know where we are going
I feel like I'm going to have to bid goodbye
My guilt is hopeless
I can only sink further
With everyday
Can this ever get better 
this time?
What is this that we have?
It is foolish
It makes me want to scream
How can we be hills and valleys
Against a grey sky
Tell me the sun will rise
Tell me the sun will rise
How is that we're seeking others
When it's each other
That we need the most
Do we need each other at all?
It breaks me to think
I am nothing to you 
Just a hopeless soul
With nothing to offer

I am losing you
I can't even seem to rest -
In the times 
I haven't created strife
I am afraid to see you again
I want to run away from you
The very same time
I want to run towards you
So you'll know my love for you 

What would you do
If you knew the countless tears I've shed over you
Only made my love for you grow
I have no hate
Only pain
That eats me alive
As I cry to sleep at night
In so long
Oh Abba

Comments

Popular Posts