Home

The first paragraph was while I was in the waiting area, waiting to check-in (my first trip home after I got into college)

I go back and forth
To make what was once permanent 
Temporary
Am I now a frequent flier?
I must be a frequent dreamer
Tasting and seeing two places
At once
But here I find myself 
For the first time 
I find myself preparing
To go back and forth
As I keep going away
And coming back to you

This ever-recurring thought
To go back home
To want that for me 
But I’m neither home there
Nor am I here

Home in Your arms
When will I understand?
When will I truly believe – 
That You are enough?
Tears that reflect a past hurt 
Threaten to fall in the present 
But I still want to go back
I praise You how I’m letting go
But I still remember the smarting of that hurt
Of that aloneness
Those flowing tears

I still experience that kind of silence
That makes me want to run away
I’m falling repeatedly here
I’m tired, so tired of feeling

There is love
There is longing
A love greater than the hurt
A love greater than the hurt
If I am to fall here
Yet again
Let it be so 
Every time – 
It’d be in Your arms
That I fall 
And I am home in Your arms
I believe
Abba
I believe 
Forever home in Your arms 
Quieten me
Hold me close
This ache is pushing me away  
I feel more than broken
I feel torn
Torn
But I’m running to You
It’s to You I’m running to
You

Comments

Popular Posts