Living Dreams

You long for something
For months on end
And when you’re standing
Right in the centre
It was like I was flowing with Him
The most unbelieving moment
Made innocent and true
By my surprise
And my gratefulness
Reigning overwhelmed

My feet in the water
I didn’t stop at the shore 
I took a step towards You
With my feet in water
Barely up my ankles
But in the water nonetheless
I feel like I’m in the centre
This vast stretch of sea
All around me
Not just before me
I see you there
I see you on the water
For a moment
My Rescuer
In the quietness of the night
Stars above me
The brightest one I see often
Is here too
And this wind
Blowing against my ears
Is calling me forward
I feel like I’m receding with the wind
As soon as it is quietened 
And I can’t even begin to explain
The soft and gentle waves
Away and towards
Washing my sandy feet
This silence 
This moment
Leaving me in awe
I’ve dreamt 
For months on end
It’s here 
As I stop to take it all in 
And I see You
Take me with You
Pull me towards You
In this darkness
As I stand before you
Ready and waiting
For You to take me away

A dream
Lived in the waking 
May I never miss out 
These moments  
Like dreams 
Worthy to be remembered
In the waking

Comments

Popular Posts