Green Fields

These thoughts of mine 
Are green fields
Live from the ground
Rooted and spread evergreen
But the scene’s a manipulating emerald
For spread across my mind are
One too many shades of green
Bright and beautiful
What beauty…
The waterlogged areas,
Would reflect the sun
The light from above
Down here on the surface of the deep
But somehow 
These green fields took the place
Of heights and lengths 
Of breathing, shading branches
Rising towards the light
They took the place
Of sustaining blood 
That lives in a meaningful forest of thoughts
They took place
Of life-giving life

Green fields were tended 
As trees were cleared
They uprooted what I needed
I needed outstretched canopies
That welcomed rays of light
And a downpour of rain 
A refuge
A treasure
I needed the life
That lived in thoughts from above
To give room to Life itself –
In the heart of my mind

I see the light but I can’t feel it
Acres of trees cleared for this invasive harvest
In a matter of lost focus
The trees were young I suppose
And I lose myself in all these colours
So bright and beautiful

My only hope is the light – 
The portions this land of mine reflects
A heightened sun
Amidst grey clouds
Like heaven’s light
Grow a forest in me
Again
Abide in me
For rich foliage dies in clearing
In a matter of carelessness
Ina matter of insensitivity
Revive in me 
My thoughts are putting me to death
They keep me here
As if my thought process 
Is where I should be 
The hard labour of my mind
Brings me down to my knees
Falling on lush, green fields
And I lose myself in all these colours

Comments

Popular Posts