The Terrace

(Written by Beulah Praisy V. and me) 

I grew up here
Fixed and constant you were
I only had you to reach out
And I was lifted high

Day or night, I could count on you
Older and better I grew 
But you never changed
For the good I suppose
Older and wiser on your own

Cemented dreams
Dreamt upon a rugged terrace
Oh the endless possibilities 
At a higher place

Through my forming years,
You were there;
At my worst and best,
You were with me.

(A place to run to
Higher ground to run through)

The laughter and the tears,
The joy and the pain,
You saw it all.
The heaviness in my soul
Became the heaviness of the air
So close to you
Up here

The warmth of silence,
You make me feel;
To value people,
To persevere in pain,
You taught me.

Endless talks
Limitless thoughts
And seemingly endless tears
Before the light of a setting sun
Oh the colours
Up above
And far away
Our pain was one

Counting stars
In the darkest hours
You were the best company
If you could speak
You’d know too much

Oh Terrace,
You are to me 
A teacher
A source of comfort
A place to ponder
The place He finds me

What would I do without you?

And the best choice I’ve ever made
Was to run to you
To find Him

I run to you
Every time I need a break
When agony weighs me down
When the cross seems heavy to bear
A place of solace, 
Where my soul finds rest
A meeting place –
I find him there
My brokenness is healed
My strength is renewed
And I’m restored
I’m made ready to soar again
Despite the scars,
I’m made whole
All because He meets me there

I find Him - 
Every time I run to you
There is no aloneness here
We share pain 
Up on the terrace
You welcome broken hearts
Crying souls
Lifting us high enough
To be far away for a while

We’re not runaways
We’re broken
Seeking peace
In realms of refuge
And this was our refuge
Where we grew
In thought and heart

We tread ragged levels of high ground
So close to vast expanses of blueness
The light and the wind –
Meets our brokenness

You are to me – 
A safe haven
A place of refuge where my emotions are tamed
My brokenness healed
And deeper revelations are revealed
A place where love, acceptance and forgiveness meets
Because He finds me there

No place has given me so much – 
Comfort, lessons and memories as you
I grew up on the terrace
All because He found me there

Endless talks
Counting stars
You were the best company
If you could speak 
You’d know too much

Comments

Popular Posts