Passport Control

How were your days here?
A week has gone by
Since you all came
Chap
Beautiful and confident
There was a kind of clarity
A kind of joy in your voices
Perhaps it was the way
You all sat together
As it inspired
A hearty loudness
And I on hearing it for myself
Expecting to never hear it as my own
These days I've been hurting and quiet
I told her how happy I was to hear your chatter
Just to know that someone else is happier
Or better off
Is somehow bringing me peace
Bringing me happiness
And now it's time for all of you to leave
Your luggage even have ribbons tied
(Like I do)
They're trolley bags
And as you roll them through
This wetted soil
This clumped ground
I am reminded of
Tiles and ways
And gates and heights
I'd give anything to come along
I'd give anything
A visit to the airport
A flight to anywhere
I want to start anew
A depth of friendships
With people I've never known before
Passing from the known to the unknown
You tell me
That Your love is going to carry me away
Please take me away soon
I don't know for how much longer I should wait

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts