Honestly

It’s funny to me
It has been about half a year
Since I’ve heard from you
And about two years
Since I’ve seen you
You told me that you were glad –
Glad that you didn’t lose me
But I don’t know
I’m not so sure anymore
It’s funny
How you were there for me
To choose to love me
And befriend me
At my terrible worst
I wish you could see me now
Because I met Him
I met Him
At my worst

I feel farther away from you
With every day
Just like I did
Many years ago
When I said goodbye
And ran for my life
With my shoelaces untied
I wouldn’t ever expect you
To wait for me
To hold on to me
But I’m tired
And in need of a friend
I’m tired
But still so thankful
For knowing you
Don’t ever forget our dream
That Aurora of ours
I won’t ever forget
The times you made me laugh
And smile
Please forgive me
Please forgive me
I’m not who I was
Love met me
Oh how I hope you’re safe
And that you have good friends
Who look after you
I don’t even know where you are
I don’t even know if I’ll ever see you again
Remember how you once said
How nice it would be
If we met in heaven?
I wouldn’t mind that
One bit
But –
How I wish I could talk to you again
I remember how you said that 
Just because we're not able to talk anymore
It doesn't mean that I'm not there in your heart
You said that you always loved me
How you never stopped
That you miss me -
Your best friend
I want to hold onto every one of your words
And hope with all my life
That it’s still the truth
Even after 
All this time.

Comments

Popular Posts