At the coastline

Footprints in the sand,
A calm sea across the land.
A tide of chills just swept over me,
And all I can see is this beautiful sea.
The wind on my face,
Giving a dear embrace.
As I make a trace,
The waves try to keep up with my pace.
They crash in and about,
And wipeout,
Everything in its way,
Even my footprints that lay,
(No matter what they say,)
It does the same every day.
Night sky,
But I don’t want to say goodbye.
It has indeed been a long time since we met,
That’s why I don’t want to bid farewell, not just yet.
When I drown my worries in this dark blue sea,
I feel secure and stronger,
So I stay a little bit longer.
It is a different feeling,
It’s very appealing.
I keep my ground,
And when I look around.
I see only you and me.
I’m at ease,
When I’m at the beach.
It makes everything feel okay,
It’s a bright day,
All the way.
I watch the world pass by,
As I let out a sigh.
My heart is serene,
And so is the sea -
This beautiful beach.
It’s a different feeling,
That is indeed healing…
(Year Twenty-Eleven - Eighth grade - the heart was longing to go to a beach that day)

Comments

Popular Posts