See You Again

My heart is tired 
And I feel lonely 
Can we pretend that time in its passing
didn't keep us apart?
I have you for a moment 
But then you’re gone again
You’re close 
And so far away
All the same  
Is it that I lose nothing
But that I give it up 
Is this my choosing?
Betraying Him in my thoughts
Chasing after lesser loves 
Trying to steal what you can't give 
Wishing I was where you are 

Why do I feel so lonely?

What we have 
Like grass
Here today 
Gone tomorrow 
Pulled out by the roots 
A pretence of permanence 
This love we think we hold
But can’t you see?
Can’t you feel it?
Our hearts are broken 
And we can’t be there for each other 
Like we say we would 
We can’t go on loving each other 
Like we say we do 
I’m afraid to say hello again 
So I’ll leave you without a goodbye 
We are not enough for each other 
But we somehow fill these gaps 
Like chipped-off paint we can’t undo 
We somehow leave these gaps 
Your every word breaks a fall 
But I am not held here 
I feel so alone 
I’ve been colouring outside the lines 
And that’s so unlike me 
Trying to fill the blank sacred spaces 
With meaning 
Trying to make something of us 
When there isn’t 
My tranquility is shaken 
And I can’t trust you 

I'm afraid to say that I love you
I thought I never wanted to see you again 
But I don’t know what I don’t know 
So I'll wait for you

Comments

Popular Posts