While You Were Away (In Good Company)

It feels as though
You did leave
But didn't leave
All at the same time
I don't know if I'm happy to see you
Or if I should cry
We're meeting again
The longest we've been apart

I broke again
The time that you were away
I felt the same things
I doom myself to repeatedly feel
I forgot again
I forgot the things He wrote on my heart                                     
I felt alone and uncaring         
I kept quiet                              
Like I painfully do
Was I in good company?
I wanted to run
And stay
All at the same time                     
I learnt important things
I learnt how we miss out
On the simplicity of life
In all the sorrow we allow ourselves to feel
In all the murder we immerse our souls in
Threatening to kill
Threatening to die
I felt inadequate again
They fell in love
And I stayed my ground
Wishing I didn't know the things
I do now
I died in my thoughts again
Overthinking like I so skilfully do
I made connections
And I shed tears
Over my food
Was I in good company?

The One who holds us both
Held me in all this time

As I prayed for His good company

(23/11/16)

Comments

Popular Posts