Without Words

Without answers
Without words
I want to make my heart
Known to you 
Like a gentle rising trail of smoke
Lit by the rays of the sun
Like a forgotten face
Watching a smiling baby

Fast asleep
Like a lame man 
Resting by the roadside
I'm a soul
Reaching out
Hoping for some answers
I too
Want to know a heart
Help me with mine
I am broken
And lost in my thoughts
Reaching out
You are too
Take me by the hand
And help me with my heart

You'll never see my tears for you
I'll forever be shaped by your assumptions
And you'll never know
My heart for you

I'm a praying soul
Seeking your forgiveness
There is beauty
Everywhere I turn
When I don't spend my time
Thinking of how much
I was hurt by you
I am receiving instead
Healing

I'm a praying soul
Stumbling on gravel
Treading the roadside
In my slippers
Lifting my eyes
To see
Unspeakable beauty
These colours 
Mighty
Wonderful
Please forgive me

Comments

Popular Posts