When I’m neither sad nor smiling

You confuse a poker face with one that is sad.
One look at me -
At what I call perfect, conveniently perfect timing,
I can hear the voices in your head go,
“Sad, sad girl”
And yet I do not want an elastic smile on my face,
Because the situation is neither one that evokes ecstasy -
Nor one that is wounded by sorrow.
It is simply a moment for which I am grateful for,
Where I take onto being poker-faced.
But then again,
One has to be joyful,
Always.
All you people defend yourselves saying -
That a poker face is nothing but a reflection of a troubled mind,
Of one that has given up.
But I tell you now and again,
I am not upset.
Stop with your enquiries.
I have my moments when –
My varied feelings set the whole world afire,
I want the uncomplicatedness of my impassiveness,
To envelop me and take me flying.
In a while you’ll see me smiling.
But for now just let me be...

Comments

Popular Posts