Voices

I keep looking for a dream...
And in the absence of a confident mind,
I look to my heart.
But it fails me every time.
It doesn't even know what it likes.
It sounds so muddled.
I cannot understand it.
The voices that rise are so confused and scared.
I cannot understand it.
They try so hard to come clean -
To come clear.
They try so hard to make themselves heard.
They try and try and try.
I wish they’d stop altogether.
And take onto beating,
And not screaming,
So many things at once.
No more muddled voices.
Just silence -
Is what I seek at the present battering moment.
I want to be driven to look unto You.
For You’ll give me silence –
The comforting kind,
That settles all rousing voices,
And puts my heart at ease,
And not in the sickening sadness -
Of not being understood.

Comments

Popular Posts